Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

More Pink in the White House


My husband becomes more outnumbered by the day. After growing up surrounded by women (mother and three younger sisters), he married me and acquired a nearly four-year-old daughter in a lovely (hopefully he would still use that word) package deal. Approximately 10 months later (yep, we didn’t waste any time), he’ll get to hold his BABY GIRL in his arms.

I, for one, couldn’t be happier. I’ve adored every moment so far with my little Halle Bean and, let’s face it, girls are pretty awesome. Pre-children, I did not always feel this way. In fact I distinctly wanted boys. I didn’t think I could handle raising a little female version of myself. I know I have yet to experience the most emotionally charged years of girlhood. But I’ve watched mothers wrangle their rambunctious little boys…and for the most part, as adorable as those little guys are, it looks exhausting. Of course being a parent in general is challenging; but those lively little boys are something unique. I know this is a huge generalization. I’m aware that some little girls bounce off the walls and some little boys are calm as can be. That just hasn’t been my experience. So…check in with me again when Halle’s 16 and baby-girl-on-the-way is 12 (that thought just blew my mind a little). I may be singing a different tune. For now, I plan to enjoy every second.

1 comment:

  1. I have two girls. Just glad I gave them each a sister. :)

    ReplyDelete