Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

An Epiphany at Arctic Circle

The other day my company gave us a surprise bonus of an extra paid holiday. So I was able to stay home with Halle all day—pretty much my most favorite thing in the world to do. She wanted to go to Arctic Circle for lunch. So we headed there around noon.

Normally, I'm at work all day so I don't see the usual lunch crowd out and about in this part of Orem. When we got there, I had to chuckle to myself. Scattered throughout the restaurant, whether seated or in line were about five young moms and their kids (at least 2-4 each). Not the funny part. I laughed when I noticed that four of these five moms (including myself) were also noticeably pregnant. I'm sure this is the pretty normal ratio of pregnant to non-pregnant women around here (I'm one of four pregnant women in my office at the moment). Apparently, lunchtime at Arctic Circle is a popular gathering place. Utah County loves babies. :)

I was surprised by how I felt in that situation. The whole atmosphere felt more than a little foreign to me. My experience has been so different--for so long. I realized that making the transition into the SAHM world might take me some time. But it's still a switch I would make tomorrow, if I could. This is me patiently waiting till October. Four months sort of feels like an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment